How to find a domain with Centerzero Cheap Domains
Picking the perfect domain name is a crucial step of your online adventure. If you have an idea to get online or a great name for your website, we recommend registering the domain immediately before anyone else does. Your domain will be used for your website and email, and establishes your online identity. A great domain can also increase branding, marketing and communication opportunities.
Search for your domain on Centerzero Cheap Domains's homepage in the domain search field. When you find the domain you want and it's available to register, add it to the cart and complete checkout.
Some domain names may come back with a price higher than expected. These domains are known as premium domains, and they are considered valuable domain real estate. Premium domains might be more expensive, but the benefits often make up for the initial cost investment.
If the domain you requested is already registered, we provide available alternative spelling and extensions. For example, you might be able to select a .info or .net extension, rather than .com. Or you can review domains with extensions unique to your idea, such as .studio or .design.
During registration, you'll need to provide your contact information. Centerzero Cheap Domains automatically hides your name, street address, phone number and email address in the WHOIS directory for every registered domain name. We strongly encourage upgrading to a higher level of domain protection to further protect your identity and your entire online presence.
You'll also have the option to purchase email and our Website Builder to build a website during checkout.
What is a premium domain name?
Premium domain names are short, catchy, memorable names that are already registered to a person, entity or organization. The cost of a premium domain can range from a 3‐figure number to a 7‐figure number, depending on the demand.
If you search for a premium domain name that's already registered, we perform a basic search using the name you entered and provide a list of alternate domain names you might be interested in registering. On the Premium Domains tab, we list domain names for sale by their owners. You can purchase them through us.
To purchase a premium domain name, simply add it to your shopping cart and proceed through checkout. There are two fees: a transfer fee and a registration fee. Sales tax is applicable to premium domain names. After payment, the domain will briefly move into a holding account and then we'll then transfer it to your account. We charge subsequent renewals at the normal renewal price, unless a premium domain has special renewal pricing. You can access the domain name in your account after we complete the transfer process.
How can I protect my domain name?
Protecting your domain name is an essential part of managing your online presence. Our different domain protection plans hides personal contact information and helps prevent accidental domain expiration, unauthorized domain transfers and vulnerabilities on your website, such as malware.
Why is protecting my domain important?
When a domain is registered, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, or ICANN, requires us to gather contact information for the person or business registering the domain name, known as the registrant or domain holder. This information includes name, phone number, address and other details, which is reported on the WHOIS directory. Keeping your domain contact information private helps prevent unwanted spam calls and emails, and makes sure you're in control of what information is publicly available. But it's not just about keeping your personal information private, either. We want to help you protect your domain and your entire online presence.
What kind of protection is offered?
We have three different protection plans to choose from so you can determine which option is best for you and your online presence.
- Basic Privacy Protection (or Basic Protection): Regulations vary around the globe, but Centerzero Cheap Domains automatically hides your name, street address, phone number and email address in the Centerzero Cheap Domains WHOIS directory for every registered domain name. Based on current ICANN regulations, your state/province, country and organization name (if you have one) will still be displayed.
- Full Domain Privacy & Protection (or Full Protection): Instead of masking your contact information on the WHOIS directory, Full Protection substitutes your contact information with proxy details. You'll get a private email address that can be used to filter, block or forward emails to your main address. You'll also get Ownership Protection to protect your domain from hijacking and accidental loss due to an expired credit card. Full Protection prevents certain domain actions from being completed without additional verification, such as transferring away, cancelling or changing contact information.
- Ultimate Domain Protection & Security (or Ultimate Security): This option includes all the features of Full Protection, along with our Website Security Basic. This product protects your domain and website with automatic malware scans and continuous security monitoring. It also monitors search engine blocklists to ensure your domain reputation is protected. If Website Security finds an issue on your site, we'll notify you as soon as it's found, along with the next steps you need to take.
Can I change my protection plan?
How can I verify domain ownership?
We recommend adding a TXT record to your DNS zone file to verify domain ownership. This is the best option to maintain your domain protection while letting you prove you own the domain name. You can also toggle your privacy settings, which will show all registrant contact information.
Related Domain steps
- Make sure you enable auto renew to continue your domain registration uninterrupted.
- You can update your domain contact information at any time.