Set up your domain name and create an outstanding presence online
Setting up your domain name is the first step to creating an outstanding presence online. This is your brand and how people will find you online. Keep in mind, this will only apply if you haven't activated your domain yet.
- Log in to your Centerzero Cheap Domains Domain Control Center
- Click your domain name in the list to access the Domain Settings page.
- Click Use My Domain. Don't see the button? This means your domain has already been activated, but you can still set up a website or a Microsoft 365 email address.
- Choose the option that works best for your website. Your options may look different depending on your account settings.
Set up a website
- Go to your Centerzero Cheap Domains product page.
- Scroll down to Website Builder and select Manage next to the website you want to start.
- The first time you launch your site, a Let's get started! window asks you to enter a word or two that describe the type of site (or store) you're creating. As you type, a menu displays popular suggestions. Pick one or enter whatever you like.
- In the next field, enter what you want to call your site or store (up to 64 characters), then select Continue.
Note: Go to Settings to change your category and site name.
- Now fine-tune your site by selecting Theme then Try a new look.
- Look through the themes until you find one you like, and select it. Every theme has its own name so you can remember the one you like.
Note: Selecting a theme will automatically apply it to your site. Remember the name of your previous theme if you want to switch back.
- When you're ready to make the site public, publish your site.
- Change my theme
- Compare plans and pricing if you want your own domain name or need more functionality.
- If updating your category in Settings isn't enough, you do have the option to reset your site. If it's a matter of choosing different pictures, remember we have more royalty-free stock images ready for you to use.
Set up a Microsoft 365 account
Follow the steps below to set up your Microsoft 365 email address so you can send and receive emails.
You'll start by setting up your account and creating your Microsoft 365 email address(es).
A recovery email is a backup way to reset your password if you can't find it.
Next, you'll set up your email address on your phone, computer, or both.
Once your email is set up on your device(s), you'll send your first email.
Forward my domain
Forward your domain to send visitors to a different page when they visit your domain. Forwarding is useful when you've already built a website elsewhere, or if you want to connect your domain to a social media page.
- Log in to your Centerzero Cheap Domains Domain Control Center.
- Select your domain name from the list to access the Domain Settings page.
- Under Additional Settings, select Manage DNS.
- Under Forwarding, select Add next to Domain or Subdomain. If you select a subdomain, enter the subdomain (maximum of 25 characters) in the Subdomain field.
- Under Forward to, choose http:// or https:// for the destination URL your domain will forward to.
Note: This field is specific to the destination URL only. The domain being forwarded will not be SSL enabled or forward over https, as that functionality is not currently supported. You may be able to set up https–enabled forwarding through your hosting platform.
- Enter the destination URL in the blank field. This is where we'll send visitors to your domain name.
- First and last characters must be a number or letter
- Periods (.) are supported
- Maximum of 1000 characters
- Consecutive periods (…) are not supported
- Underscores (_) are not supported
- Under Forward type, select 301 or 302 redirect.
- Choose your forwarding Settings to determine how your redirect will function:
- Forward only: Redirects to the site you specified in the Forward To field and the destination URL will show in the browser address bar.
- Forward with masking: Redirects to the site you specified in the Forward To field and your domain name will show in the browser address bar instead of the destination URL. Enter your details for at least one of the Meta Tag types:
- Title: A short phrase (maximum 80 characters) that displays on the browser tab and in search results.
- Description: A short description (maximum of 150 characters)of your website to display in search engine results.
- Keywords: A list of keywords (maximum of 500 characters) that describes the content and purpose of your website.
- Select Save. We'll automatically update your domain to Centerzero Cheap Domains nameservers if they aren't with us.
Please allow up to 48 hours for your DNS changes to take full effect globally.
- If you want the www version of your domain name to forward as well, make sure your www CNAME is pointing to @.
- Adding forward will apply a template to your DNS and lock your @ A record. If you need to change that A record, you'll need to delete forwarding first.
- Not all website can be masked. If your masked domain is showing a blank white page, you'll need to switch to Forward only, or contact your host about allowing masking.
- Keep your domain active and avoid expiration by turning on auto renew.